Pilot Manufacturing Facility Supervisor, Manufacturing Department
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
QLT Inc. is a global pharmaceutical company specializing in the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative therapies. Combining expertise in ophthalmology, oncology and photodynamic therapy, QLT has commercialized two products to date, including Visudyne therapy, which is the most successful ophthalmology product ever launched.
We are in the final construction phase of a new state-of-the-art Pilot Manufacturing facility in Vancouver which encompasses isolator-based manufacturing and a fully-integrated SCADA system.
In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for:
- budgeting, scheduling and supervising pilot manufacturing operations;
- supervising and performing production of clinical and development drug products for use in human and preclinical trials;
- the primary coordination between quality and development groups for the resolution of operational issues.
Specifically, you will:
- supervise pilot manufacturing technicians;
- maintain the budget for manufacturing campaigns and operational maintenance;
- manage the facility’s ongoing operations to ensure compliant and economic operations;
- establish/maintain facility scheduling for production, cleaning and maintenance;
- oversee staff and establish schedules to produce development and clinical batch materials;
- direct and review master production records, SOPs and training documentation in support of pilot manufacturing;
- ensure that the responsibilities of the position and operations of pilot manufacturing are carried out in accordance with company policies and GMPs.
You bring to this role:
- a BSc in Microbiology or BSP in Industrial Pharmacy and 5 - 8 years’ experience;
- the ability to effectively lead manufacturing campaigns and analyze manufacturing operations;
- expertise in sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing operations;
- experience in compliance audits by major regulatory authorities of manufacturing facilities;
- the capacity to make decisions within approved practices/procedures and execute methods and techniques to obtain solutions;
- the capability to train, mentor and coach pilot manufacturing staff and assess resource allocation for production execution.
QLT Inc. offers a flexible and comprehensive compensation package geared toward individual lifestyles. For opportunities with QLT Inc. and to apply online, visit www.qltinc.com.
Reference Job Code: QLT32806
Attn: Human Resources
887 Great Northern Way
QLT Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer