Corus Pharma, Inc.
The Product Manager will be a driving force in the launch of a new product scheduled for commercialization in the U.S. sometime in 2006 and will be heavily involved with all aspects of the drug launch. Initial responsibilities will be to support the Marketing Director in the launch of this new product. These responsibilities will include development of all tactical plans associated with the launch as well as input into strategic plans for the brand. Following the launch, the Product Manager will assume primary marketing responsibility for the brand as well as tactical programs to maximize revenue.
- Assists in development of strategic plans for assigned brand(s).
- Prepares and implements detailed launch plan.
- Directs production and approval of promotional materials. Works to develop materials independently or in conjunction with Advertising and Medical Education agencies.
- Leads strategic communication effort to ensure effective distribution of medical marketing, clinical and reimbursement/pharmacoeconomic data.
- Develops specific business recommendations that provide competitive advantages for the brand.
- Develops Sales and MSL training materials as required to implement tactical programs.
- Develops Convention, Grants and Sponsorship Plan to achieve brand objectives.
- Designs and implements patient advocacy initiatives to achieve brand objectives.
- Develops publication and presentation plans and works with Medical Affairs and clinical investigators on the development of manuscripts and slide presentations.
- Liaises with Sales Management in implementation of marketing programs to support successful field sales efforts.
Interfaces with sales force to provide product direction and assess market dynamics.
- Develops relationships with key opinion leaders to assist with definition of marketing needs and implementation of communication plans.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the market for assigned therapeutic areas.
- Provides direct assistance to Marketing Director in completion of specific tasks and assignments.
- Minimum BS degree (MBA preferable) and 4-5 years in a marketing position in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry; specialty product experience highly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of product management and marketing, including implementing product branding. Participation on a launch team for either a new drug or a new indication for an approved drug is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated Product Management skills for a launched product.
- Experience in writing marketing and business plans.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with an ability to make effective presentations to middle management and work groups.
- Market research and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in forecasting and competitive intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and positively influence peers in multiple disciplines
- Serves as manager/mentor to Associate Product Managers (when hired).
- Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Corus Pharma, Inc. is a privately held company committed to developing and obtaining regulatory approvals of products for respiratory and infectious diseases that can help provide improved health and superior quality of life.
We are located in the heart of downtown Seattle, just one block from the historic Pike Place Market. We offer competitive compensation and health benefits, casual work environment, 401(k), stock options, parking and health club subsidy.
For more information check out our website at:
Corus Pharma, Inc.
Reference Job Code: 200421
Corus Pharma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer