Oregon Biologicals Executive Forum: Sept. 30
Oregon Biologicals Executive Forum (OBEF) is a networking group of Oregon professionals and
executives associated with companies and institutions developing or providing products and
services in the field of biologicals.
By participating in OBEF we can together: facilitate professional and business collaborations
among OBEF members; create opportunities for further development and growth of biologicals-oriented
businesses in Oregon; identify and address needs and issues of common interest to our segment of
the Oregon biotech community; and Provide a clear and strong voice in Salem and elsewhere to promote
and support biotech issues.
OBEF Info (Word 25 kb)
Learn About Oregon's BioHistory
Why is there a biotechnology industry in Oregon? Will this industry continue
to grow in Oregon? What do other states have? Each state has a unique story
that explains why a given industry has developed in a specific region and not in others.
Unfortunately, few people have access to this information.
Through Oregon BioHistory, you can now learn about the scientists,
institutions, political leaders, and significant events that have shaped and are still shaping
the biotechnology, medical device and life science industries in the State of Oregon,
as well as in select other states. We encourage your comments and feedback.
More OR BioHistory...
National News Feed...
- The Case for Drug Stocks The reports of the drug industry's death are greatly exaggerated.
The Motley Fool September 9, 2004 Charly Travers
- Will a Clinical Trial Database Help Investors? While this development is certainly good news for patients and physicians, the impact on investors may be minimal, depending upon the type of data that will be released.
The Motley Fool September 8, 2004 Charly Travers
- IBM's Blue Gene Breaks New Research Ground The four-rack supercomputer system will map protein structures in the hope of manufacturing more effective drugs for humans.
InternetNews September 7, 2004 Clint Boulton
- MGI Pharma's Shopping Spree The company is filling out its drug pipeline with acquisitions.
The Motley Fool September 3, 2004 Charly Travers
- A Pall Falls Over Forest One of Forest Labs' Alzheimer's drugs fails in phase 3 trials. For investors willing to take the political risk, today's drug news has taken a battered stock, with a great balance sheet, to very reasonable price levels.
The Motley Fool September 1, 2004 W.D. Crotty